Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Subscribe to receive our weekly email roundup of new articles being released!
You’ve got that knotted feeling in your stomach again. You’re looking for something to stabilize you and keep your perspective on God. Luckily, there are some great Bible verses for anxiety you can read.
The Bible deals with many down-to-earth topics and anxiety is among one of them. Many of the key characters and authors in the Bible knew what it was like to feel anxious. Which is actually a reassuring thought.
If they got through their situations with God’s help—you can too.
So, let’s mature in Christ and stab anxiety in the gut by opening up the Word of God, which is the sword of the Spirit (cf. Ephesians 6:17).
Here are 10 Bible verses for anxiety to meditate, proclaim aloud, and reflect on!
Bible Verses For Anxiety
1. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” — Jeremiah 29:11
2. “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” — Romans 8:28
3. “Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.” — 1 Peter 5:6-7
4. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” — Philippians 4:6
5. “Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.” — Psalm 55:22
6. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” — John 14:27
7. “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” — Isaiah 41:10
8. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.” — Proverbs 3:5
9. “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?” — Matthew 6:25-27
10. “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” — John 16:33
Other Bible Verses For Anxiety
Here are other great Bible verses for anxiety that you can read next time you need some perspective and heavenly focus.
- 1 Peter 3:14 — “But even if you do suffer for doing what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear, and do not be intimidated”
- Psalm 34:4 — “I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears”
- Psalm 56:3 — “when I am afraid, I put my trust in you”
- Philippians 4:6-7 — “Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”
- 2 Timothy 1:7 — “for God did not give us a spirit of cowardice, but rather a spirit of power and of love and of self-discipline”
- 1 John 4:18 — “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear; for fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not reached perfection in love”
- Psalm 94:19 — “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul”
- Isaiah 43:1 — “But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine”
- Proverbs 12:25 — “Anxiety weighs down the human heart, but a good word cheers it up”
- Psalm 23:4 — “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff—they comfort me”
- Joshua 1:9 — “I hereby command you: Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go”
- Matthew 6:34 — “So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today’s trouble is enough for today”
- Deuteronomy 3:22 — “Do not fear them, for it is the Lord your God who fights for you”
- Revelation 1:17 — “When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he placed his right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last”
- Mark 5:36 — “But overhearing what they said, Jesus said to the leader of the synagogue, “Do not fear, only believe”
- Romans 8:38-39 — “For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord”
- Zephaniah 3:17 — “The Lord, your God, is in your midst, a warrior who gives victory; he will rejoice over you with gladness, he will renew you in his love; he will exult over you with loud singing”
Do you know of any more good Bible verses for anxiety? If so, please feel free to comment below!
Suggested next reading: Why A Charismatic Evangelical Joined The Catholic Church